Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of School 2008



Samantha is officially in high school now. She started her freshman year yesterday with a lot of enthusiasum and a bit of nerves.


Because we do not have bus transporation for high schoolers, I have to drive her to school and pick her up each day. A very difficult task with my hours at Frontier, but I think we have it worked out.


On the way yesterday, she told me that she feels like a little kid again because she is the young group in the school again rather than the oldest like intermediate school last year.

Speaking of intermediate school, Jason started in the fourth grade and in the BIG school yesterday. Our school system is divided into pre-k through third in an old building while 4 through 12 are in a new building constructed in 2004. Sage and Jason have referred to it as the big school for a couple years now. So finally Jason has moved up. He has a locker of his own for his coat and bookbag.


In addition to this, he has a total of 8 of the 4th Grade Pee Wee Football players in his class. I wish Mrs. W good luck this year!


Sage has started Kindergarten. Can you believe that? I am just stunned. For the first time in over 17 years, I have all of my children in school or graduated. She attends in the afternoon so on my day off I have from 12:20 until I leave to pick up Sami at 2:40 alone at home. Hopefully this will allow a bit of scrap or nap time, whichever I deem necessary that day.


Dave is not dealing well with his baby being in school. He even called to check how she did getting on the bus despite the fact that he talked to her about 30 seconds before the bus arrived to pick her up.


Sage loved her first day. She has new friends and her teacher is so nice. She was all smiles as she got on the bus and went off to school like a big girl. Her only complaint? She has to eat lunch at home and not at school. Next year big girl... one step at a time for your poor parents.



Jarred will begin his second chance at graduation on Friday. I am so encouraged by his goals. I pray that he can finish school this time. He will leave for the Marines on the completion of his three credits. He has a goal of completing them by Christmas. He will need a positive attitude as the work will be a bit boring. He will not be in a traditional classroom setting but a computer based program.
Just a side note: Jarred is 6 foot tall. This is a photo of him beside the corn that surrounds 3 sides of our land. Can you see how tall it has gotten this year? It is like living on an island. The only side you can see other people on is the front where the road goes by our house.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Great photos of the kids....it's the first day of school!!

Bonni said...

they are all getting sooooooo big! Samantha, yowsers!! beautiful!

Melanie said...

Your kids are all getting so big! I can't believe Sage is in school already!