Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Funeral was today...

Strange enough we buried Grandma (Dave's) on the same day that we buried my father four years ago. February 4th. Forever will seem to me like Funeral Day. It has a rainy, cold, snowy day. The funeral was beautiful. Dave's cousin spoke at the funeral. She did a wonderful job although she didn't have anything prepared. The cemetary was freezing and short because of it. But it served its purpose.

Dinner afterwards was enjoyable. Lots of people who knew and loved her. Great food and fellowship.

If you are inclined to say prayers, please include Dave's father and aunt in them. Dick and June. Dave's parents are divorced. Dick lives alone is retired and 67. A lot of his week was spent visiting Grandma. He is going to be lonely. Aunt June has never married. I think she is like 63 or 64. Her whole life was Grandma. Even after she moved to the home, she visited her every day. Sunday (4 days before she died) they had even gone to dinner as they did every week. She was broken today. I've never seen her like that.

"Thanks Grandma," as Dave's cousin Lora said during the funeral, "for everything."

2 comments:

The Mom said...

I will keep ALL of you in my thoughts and prayers!

Briana said...

It's hard to see people and how hard it is after they pass like it is for your aunt and uncle. I'm saying prayers. Glad everyone had a nice dinner afterwards.