
When Pete learned to sing the Happy Birthday song, she learned it as HAPPY TO YOU rather than Happy Birthday to you. So today being her 3rd birthday, I am entitling my blog in her honor.
Born on February 5, 2003, she was so beautifully named Sage Renee Utrup. I had thought of the name long before she was ever conceived, before when we weren't planning any more kids. I had said I loved this name. God's plan for us obviously included her so we were given her to take care of. As all children are, kinda rented from God. A gift to love and raise in the best way possible. A gift to help guide the future of our world and continue God's plan.
About 3 weeks into her life, something changed. Daddy called her his SWEETY PETEY and the rest is history. She started to be called Petey a bit more until she is now almost exclusively called Pete. All of her birthday cakes have said Happy Birthday Pete or Petey. This years was no exception. Dinosaurs that roared with bright orange frosting that proclaimed her name to be Pete once again.
This is the last picture of my 2 year old Pete. Taken after 11 pm last night, just before she turned 3. One

day a baby, the next a big
girl. Sniff, Sniff! The other
one was taken
Friday night at her party.
I just love the look on her
face at receiving her own
set of dinosaurs from Aunt
Sherry and Uncle Ed.

3 comments:
Those photos are precious!! Happy Birthday Pete!!! :)
Happy Birthday Pete!
What a great story! Does she answer to Sage? Happy Birthday!!! Don't they grow fast? Joey turned 2 last month!
Post a Comment