Aren't children funny? They have a way of saying exactly what is on their mind. It doesn't matter how serious the subject is at age five they can make even the darkest subject sound as matter of fact as what's for supper. Poor Sage just turned five. She aproaches me the other night and says "Is Grandpa dead yet?" I was dumbfounded. "NO" I say. "If he was, I would tell you." Her response? "OH" and walks away.
I haven't posted at all here about my step-fil. He has been Dave's step dad for 30 years. He raised Dave's little brother. He is the grandpa all my kids know. He has terminal liver, lung and pancreas cancer. He was given days the first weekend of the month and he is doing rather well. I think he has willed himself to live until he can fish one more time in MI.
I pray he makes it and I also pray I don't hear that question again soon and have to say "Yes Sage he is." That will be a very sad day for me, her and the rest of the family.
Design Team Member and Co-Design Team Coordinator - www.scrapaddict.com 

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

1 comment:
A really difficult conversation....
Post a Comment