Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hard Boiled, Raw - What difference does it make???

We had the best time coloring eggs today until one of them broke! Guess what we were coloring the WRONG eggs. Can you imagine our surprise? The big problem was that part were boiled and part were not.

Let me start from the beginning. We had 2 white carton of eggs. I boiled them on Friday night. Saturday I decided that we didn't have "enough per person." I bought 2 more dozen. I planned to save about 14 of them for omlets for supper one night this week. In other words I boiled part of a dozen. This morning as dinner was being put on the table and the confusion level was high, Sami asked me which eggs to get out to warm up to color. She asked gray or white. I in my confussion - silly me - answered gray.

Fast forward to after lunch, we get all the stuff out to color them. Jason dropped one in a cup as he was trying to take it out. Oh my gosh... it was raw. Then the whole discussion about whether the eggs spin or not if they are raw? Do they float? Etc etc etc. So we decide to hide them anyway after taking out the 2 or 3 raw we found.



Outside Jarred goes with the eggs to hide them. Low and behold.... more raw ones.



So omelets anyone???



Design Team Member and Co-Design Team Coordinator - www.scrapaddict.com

3 comments:

Deanna said...

oops! LOL.....great story! :)

Catherine said...

ROFLMBO!!!!

Pam Sivage said...

Too funny!!