| Today was an event filled day for us. Michael (DS#2) turned 21. Happy Birthday Michael. He spent it in the traditional way most young adults do... I'll let your imagination work on that. Jason played in a heartbreaking game today. His and the team he played were tied for first place in their division. They scored a touch down but did not get the extra point. The other team, with only 18 seconds to go, scored not only a touchdown but their extra point as well. As a result, time ran out and Jason's Blue Devils lost 6 to 8 and are now in second place in their division. Samantha went to state for Groom and Clean for 4H. She and two teammates won the county competition at the beginning of September. The premise behind this for contest is that you muddy your horse, allow it to dry and then you are given 30 minutes for the 3 of you to clean it spotless. This is combined with a test you take on the parts of horses bodys etc. In addition there is a piece on showmanship with the horse that you muddy. Samantha's team got 2nd place in the state of Ohio by 1/10th of a point. Disappointed while pleased at the same time to have been there, she has received yet another huge 4H trophy. Now the sad part... I received a call from David during the game. He began the conversation with "I just called to say I love you." I could tell he was crying. His news...a young boy who is employed by same company that David Jr works for was killed today. He was to work at David's pizza place that he manages today. He was late for work and rolled his car. Life-flighted to a nearby hospital, he did not make it. At age 18, he is gone. David is beside himself. If the boy would have just called, he would have said.... we can all make second guesses like that, can't we??? I suppose what I am trying to say here is that life is short. Late and alive is better than not. Hugs those teens today, adults for that matter too. We never know what God has planned for our lives and what turns your life will today or tomorrow.
|
1 comment:
a quick hello and hugs, dawn g
Post a Comment