Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wind, Wind and Yes, More Wind








Sunday was a
very eventful day in Brookville. We had high wind warnings from 1pm until after 9pm. Winds that were steady at about 30MPH and gusted up over 60MPH. I was at work durng part of this. Samantha texted me that we lost part of a tree in the backyard. I attempted to call home but got no answer. Talk about being a little scared. Well what I didn't realize was that we had lost power at home.




Our flight out was delayed almost 2 hours. Once it was on its way, I headed home. I knew we were out of power so I ran around looking for food to bring home. In the closest town, there was only Bob Evans and Sonic

were open and the lines were so long that I couldn't even begin to stop.


We as a family went to Taco Bell/KFC in Brookville. It took 45 minutes to get our food. Afterward we headed home and settled down in bed only to be woke up by Lisa (our cousin) saying that the tornado siren was going off in town. Off to the storage room...



Sage was so upset in the storage room that she threw up. It definately was not a kodak moment, however, I must try to create a picture for you! I went outside to look for the tornado (dumb I know!) when I returned, the kids were sitting in the storage room. Jason in his football helmet, Sami in her riding helmet and Sage in her bike helmet. A funny momemt in a time of stress..



Our power is on and we are so blessed. Many in Brookville and the surrounding areas do not still. Sage has not had school this week at all as her school has no power. I hope that it is restored soon. In the mean time, I hope that they are able to cope with not having power.



3 comments:

Catherine said...

That's a huge tree that got blown over. DS is still without power where he is.

Pam Sivage said...

That is scary and what a huge tree blown over. Loved the kids helmet descriptions! Glad there was no tornado!

Helmka Family said...

How scary, Jill! I am glad you guys are all OK and you have power!
Hugs!
Karen