Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

Here we are starting yet another year... WOW!  Time passes so incredibly quickly for me these days.  Is it my age? My children's age? I have not idea.  Perhaps part of it is that I am working now.  One week seems to flow to the next.
 
Resolutions:
TRADIONAL ONES - you know the one you put up there every year??
1.  Quit drinking Coca Cola
2.  Lose weight
3.  Scrapbook more (It would seem that I couldn't possibly scrap less since I only did like 265 pages in 2008)
4.  Blog more. - I am thinking that I might post my POTD for project 365 here until I put it in the album. I am also thinking that this will last until about January 17th! LOL!
 
New ones
1.  Be more spirital.  Allow my faith to develop and take a more forward place in my life.
2.  Keep current on all bills.
3.  Travel as much as possible.  Although I LOVE my job, I need to be rewarded or have confirmation why it is worth working every weekend.   I have not had a complete weekend off since before I started at Frontier. 
4.  Be more comfortable with me.  I mean no matter what I weigh or how my life is, to feel good about me as a person.  I want to feel like I want to dress up if we go out to eat, not do the frump (SP) girl routine like I did last night at Red Lobster.  My favorite jeans, Brookville football shirt and my tennis shoes with holes in them.  I need to take more care of myself outwardly so people see me in a better light.
 
On a lighter note:
 
We went to Red Lobster last evening for New Years.  We took Samantha with us.  It was so fun teaching her how to crack crab legs. (Some of you might be aware that her nickname from me is MONSTER) Well I know know that I created a monster last night.   She is a natural at cracking them and loves them.  I can not see us sneaking there again without her in the near future.
 
Jason and Sage spent last night with Grandma.  Sage had the flu Tuesday night and Wednesday.  When I last heard from them, she had thrown up as late as 8:00 p.m..  I hope she is better today.  Grandma knew she was sick and called back to say she would take her even if she was sick.  She did not want to short Jason his time.
 
I am at work now and will be until 8:30.  We are leaving about 1030 to go to Jane's for New Years Day.  CABBAGE ROLLS.  I cannot wait. 
 
Back to the POTD thing... I will be posting them one day late to allow the entire day to pass so I have the "perfect" photo.  Some days I will be following the post on POM (www.playgroundofmemories.com) and others I will be featuring something from the Project 365 list (http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog) and others will just simply be something important that happened that day.
 
Signing off for now...
 
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!


 
Visit  http://www.playgroundofmemories.com/phpBB2/index.php  for some playground fun! 

2 comments:

Laura said...

Happy New Year Jill!
It's going to be fun with so many doing this Project 365. I had to laugh at your Jan.17th date because I was thinking the same thing...how long will I make it?!
I hope Sage is feeling better, poor girl!

Helmka Family said...

Happy New Year Jill!
Karen