We decided to go out to eat at our favorite Mexican restuarant tonight. Dave and I ordered something with steak, chicken and shrimp in it. Fajita's basically with onions, peppers and tomatoes. Well when we get it the food, no shrimp. The waiter goes back to get the shrimp. I dish out mine and start eating away. Amongst the food was a metal shaving from opening a can. Talk about an killer to the hunger!!! Gone, no longer hungry. Done! LOL! Thank goodness they took it off our bill.
THEN... the trip to KMART and WALMART to look for white button-down oxford shirts for Samantha. She is going to the FFA National Convention this next week in Indianapolis Indiana. She is so excited. She even gets to attend a Taylor Swift concert on the first night of the convention.
Her decision to go to the convention was very difficult for Dave and I. You see we are going to Disney and to visit Janet in November. She had to pick between Disney or FFA. The cost of the FFA convention was enough to offset what we would have spent on her at Disney. She, growing up as she is, picked the convention. Dave actually took it harder than I. I knew what she would pick before the offer was even put on the table. She went with us, although it was for one day, to Disneyland in July. So she had her disney "fix" then.
FFA is so important to her. Ag, horses, and farm stuff along with 4H. With 4H, she has been to state twice this year. She and her team took second place for Groom and Clean losing by 1/10 of a point. They won Montgomery county in September. She went to state for horse judging. Her team of 3 got second place then with her taking 10th in the state. With FFA, she went to districts for soil judging. I'm going to need to build on a room for trophies soon. They might be metal and not stuffed (like at Catherine's house) but they take up a lot of room and need dusted once a year, right?
On the note of 4H and FFA... does anyone know a good ranch family that has a son from ages 15 to 17 looking to stay on the farm and live for the rest of his life? I am willing to make an "arrangement" LOL! Sam is going to need a rancher or a farmer! LOL!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I don't know any ranchers but there are plenty of farmers in my parts ;)
I can understand your sadness that she chose to go to FFA but you have to be proud of her for making the choice. It truly shows what is important to her, and don't take it that it isn't her family.
Hey now....you dissin' the DDT's?? LOL! It's great that she has found something that means so much to her! Living in semi-rural bliss like we do, they have the FFA convention here every spring at the local JC. All those little blue jackets....:)
Post a Comment