Friday, October 31, 2008

Your Right To Vote

I have a very small audience for this message but am going to post it anyway. I want to record my feelings on voting for future generations and this is the best way at this time for me to do it.

I am not going to share my ideals on which candidate to vote for. What I want to preach about here is your ability to make a difference. It is our right as a citizens of the United States of America to vote for our elected representatives. If we do not vote, we do not have any right to complain about what the elected officials do.

Please remember our schools too when you are voting. We need to help our school give our children the same opportunities, if not more, than what we had as a child. I know that many people who's children are grown vote against levies for schools saying that they are on a fixed income. Do they not remember that someone paid for their and their children's educations. Were their neighbors back then not on a fixed income? We cannot give up on today's youth. They are our most valuable resource.

No comments: