Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sixteen days!

Sixteen days! That is all! In 16 days, I will be flying with my MIL, Dave, Jason and Sage to Walt Disney World. I will get to see Janet, Mickey and Disney threw in free food for us too! How perfect is that?

We stopped today at AAA to pick up our paper work. Sage did not know, until afterwards, that Grandma was coming. She ooohed and ahhed over the paper work, the free story hour, the pretty photos and the luggage tags but the perfect moment of magic occured afterwards. I had Dave have her call Grandma. She was telling Grandma all about Disney World. Grandma told her that she was coming with us. Dave said that Sage's face positively glowed. She yelled "You aren't kidding me are you?"

The whole decision to take Dave's mom was justified at that moment. I am concerned that Sage is 5 and Jane (MIL) is 70. I worry about Sage and Jason the most as they have the fewest memories of Grandma. We live 100 miles away now and have for 2.5 years. Almost 1/2 of Sage's life. She doesn't see her as much as the other children did. I wanted another opportunity to create good memories of her and grandma. What better way than to throw Cinderella and Mickey into the mix, right?

1 comment:

Catherine said...

You will have a wonderful time! How exciting!