Thursday, December 15, 2005

Why do we do this to ourselves?

Man... do you know that today is the 15th of December? Shocking huh? Time is chugging forward until Christmas. I mean it isn't like I've had 365 or was it 366 days notice that it was coming, right? DARN! It is almost here. So... I make this huge list of must dos, want to dos and maybe do.... Wait... why are they all on the must do list?

Do you remember the great crash of 2005? You know, when the cupboards fell off the wall? Well with football and life, we hadn't gotten around to completing the repairs that we can afford. (We are painting the wall, repairing the ceiling now - putting up cupbords with income tax $$$) Dave finally got the wall plastered a couple weeks ago and we bought the paint. Well, since I remembered today that I have 9 days until 30 people are coming to my house for Christmas Eve AND school was cancelled, we painted today. When I say "we" I mean... mostly me. Mike (18) worked really hard on the first coat until a friend called and asked him to "DO SOMETHING" as teens do. So off he goes. The 16 year old, Jarred, goes and babysits for my usual babysitting kids even though it is their mom's day off, so he is out. David (20) stops by and wants to know where Jason (7) was. Of course the little ones are out in the snow so off he goes too.

Later David returns and paints for about 10 minutes while I shovel snow. Yes, he stays in the house "painting" while I am shoveling. He even had the nerve to take these pictures. Can you believe it? Do you see the look of disbelief on my face?

Sigh... teens/young adults these days. You feed them, diaper them, send them to school and what do they become? KIDS! UGH! LOL!

Now I think we are on our way to see the big guy. If I remember to blog tomorrow, I'll have to post how it went.

3 comments:

pixleyyy said...

Gotta love that. Mom shovelling snow and son taking pictures when he should be painting. Typical! LOL

Bonni said...

I'm really confused here, I thought you had received your deductible through donations so that you could get your kitchen all fixed up nice and pretty now....why are you having to wait until you get your income tax refund?

Just Say Julie said...

Sure looks cold out in that snow.

I was sure hoping, and thought, the SA donations had helped you all get your kitchen back together.