The coolest thing happened to Dave and I yesterday. His lifelong friend, Chris (who lives in TN)called and said he was on his way to see his grandmother. (She lives around the corner from us.) AND... He wanted to know if we wanted to GO OUT FOR NEW YEARS EVE! Did I hear you right? You want us to spend time with adults, outside our home on December 31st? Oh My Gosh! We haven't done that in a long time. Not for at least five years. Our last truly big blowout was in 1994 when we went to Gatlinburg with Chris and his now ex-wife.
So Dave and I have spent the last 24 hours pumped up about this! Great. I got a new shirt today. Something cool but functional for the future. Yes! We are going ouuuuuuuuuuuut! (childish singing voice)
Jason returns from his grandmother's today. And quickly disolves into tears when he find his PARENTS are deserting him. UGH! So our pleasure has made him unhappy. Mike is babysitting. He has a stock of bubbly grape juice, poppers and fun planned but Jason wants us here. Dave is going to the browns game tomorrow so I promised him a mommy day on New Years. Hopefully he'll be fine.
Right? I'm not going to worry... I'm not going to worry... I'm not going to worry!!! Gotta go get a shower!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hope you had a great night out!
I hope you had a great night out! Sorry to hear about Jason, I hope he is ok!
So how did it go??
Hope you had fun going out. That’s awesome your older kids can watch the younger ones!
Post a Comment